Keep up to date with the latest list of DCD Dyspraxia Websites, Facebook pages, YouTube links, Poetry
What is Dyspraxia
DYSPRAXIA is made up of two words. The Latin word for 'DYS' meaning DIFFICULTY WITH and 'PRAXIS' means ACTION in Greek
Dyspraxia is also known as DCD Developmental Coordination Disorder.
DCD is essentially a neurodevelopment disorder that mainly affects coordination.
People with Dyspraxia can also have problems with
Social & emotional skills
What are the Strengths associated with Dyspraxia?
People with Dyspraxia are able to develop their own strategies to overcome difficulties. They can also be great…
Creative and original thinkers
Hard Working and Determined
Empathetic and Caring
- Coordination, balance and movement
- Learning new skills, think, and remember information at work and home
- Daily living skills, such as dressing or preparing meals
- Ability to write, type, draw and grasp small objects
- How you function in social situations
- How you deal with your emotions
- Time management, planning and personal organisation skills